The UW-Madison Ceramics Program is accepting applications for special students (post- baccalaureate).
Application deadline: Ongoing.
The special student opportunity at the UW-Madison Ceramics Program is intended to provide students, who have completed undergraduate studies, a chance to build their portfolio for one year in preparation for future endeavors.
The special student will:
- take 1 credit 699 Advanced ceramics for each semester (estimated $480 resident; $1,160 nonresident)
- pay lab fee $240 each semester
- audit and assist in teaching advanced level class
- have their own studio space (semi private) in the ceramics studio.
- have unlimited materials and firing (within reason).
- have 24/7 access to the studio, kilns, etc.
- mount a solo exhibition of their work in Madison.
- participate in advanced level BFA and graduate critiques.
- participate in Student Organization: Clay Collective.
Applications need to include:
- Cover Letter, explaining why you want to be a special student at UW-Madison Ceramics
- Artist Statement
- 10-20 images of your work, with corresponding image description list
- Contact information for two professional references
Email application materials to:
Gerit Grimm: firstname.lastname@example.org
Former Special Students at UW-Madison Ceramics: